Considering the devastating fact of the EPA research, which says that Americans spend approximately 90% of their time indoors and that people mostly breathe indoor air, which quality is 2 to 5 times poorer than the outdoors, I was quite startled by it.
Knowing this fact, to save ourselves from these air pollutants, we should definitely enhance the air quality in our homes, especially in the bedrooms, where we spend a great deal of our time, and the best option is to buy an air purifier for the bedroom.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Best Air Purifiers For a Bedroom!
- The Best 5 Bedroom Air Purifiers
- Choose a Quiet and Efficient Air Purifier
- Benefits of Using an Air Purifier in Bedroom
- Best Air Purifiers For Bedroom – Video Review
- FAQ on Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
- Final Conclusion
The American Lung Association’s “State of the Air” report states that over 40% of Americans live in areas with failing grades for unhealthy levels of particle pollution or ozone.
The air purifier intended for bedroom usage won’t only get rid of dust, allergens, odors, and other unwanted particles from the air but will also make you sleep safe and sound. Breathing fresh and clean air will boost your energy and make you sleep like a newborn baby.
When making a list of the best air purifiers for bedroom usage, I bore in mind two crucial factors, how loud the air purifier is and which technology it uses. These are mostly greater and featured with a silent/sleep mode, which won’t annoy you because they are practically whispering. Therefore, keep reading and find out which air purifiers are best for the bedroom.
In a Hurry? Here Are the Best Air Purifiers For a Bedroom!
- Alen BreatheSmart FLEX – is the obvious choice if you are looking for an air purifier for a large bedroom with excellent performance and silent work. Add to that that the FLEX air purifier is SleepScore certified.
- Levoit Core 300 – is one of the best-selling and the most popular Levoit air purifier. It will fit perfectly on your night desk. I like its simplicity, performance, and reliability.
- Hathaspace HSP001 – it is a medium-size air purifier that uses 5-stage filtration and has many advanced options, such as the smart sensor and air quality indicator. It has a sleep mode and is generally a very quiet air purifier.
- Levoit LV-H128 – the smallest model on the list and fits perfectly into a smaller bedroom. This minimalist air purifier has no significant features to highlight. The only thing that sets it apart from the other models is the Aroma Pad.
- Levoit Core 200s – is a slightly smaller model than the Core 300 mentioned above. Apart from the differences in size and shape, the main feature of the Core 200s is the night light, which could be an excellent addition to your bedroom.
*If you click any of these links and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The Best 5 Bedroom Air Purifiers
At the beginning of this article, I described the process I used to select the best air purifiers for the bedroom. I have tailored the list of the best air purifiers for the bedroom so that each user can choose the product that suits them best and will best meet their needs.
All the devices I have suggested for the bedroom have been tested. They are in my opinion the best for the bedroom purpose and believe me, you won’t regret it. Especially when you see the benefits of using an air purifier in the bedroom.
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX – Quiet and Powerful
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX is the best bedroom air purifier that you can buy. The Alen FLEX is the smallest model in the BreatheSmart range. The Alen FLEX is an air purifier with excellent performance, luxurious looks, top-quality manufacture, and quality filters.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Carbon Filter|
|Coverage||300 sq. ft.|
|Noise Levels||41.2 – 53.7 dBA|
|Warranty||Lifetime (with replacing filter subscription)|
Although slightly larger, it fits perfectly in almost any bedroom and is an excellent aesthetic addition to the room. It is designed for bedrooms up to 300 sq. ft. but can easily fit into smaller bedrooms. It’s also ideal for smaller spaces where you can use the FLEX at a lower speed, which means you won’t even notice the unit running.
The Alen FLEX uses a True HEPA filter, which tackles any harmful particles that may be found in your bedroom air and keeps it clean.
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Highlights
- The Alen BreatheSmart Flex uses a medical-grade H13A HEPA filter that removes 99.99% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns in size.
- It uses 3-stage filtration and is designed for rooms up to 300 sq. ft.
- A lifetime warranty can be activated if you subscribe to replacement filters.
- Very quiet, superior air purifier, excellent performance, and top-quality manufacture.
Levoit Core 300 – Small and Reliable
The Levoit Core 300 is a top-selling air purifier from Levoit, equipped with many extras and advanced features but equally good performance. The Core 300 has a sleep mode and dimmer buttons that are very useful when using the device in the bedroom.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter|
|Coverage||219 sq. ft.|
|Noise Levels||40.7 – 64.9 dBA|
It’s designed for bedrooms up to 219 sq. ft. but will fit slightly larger bedrooms as well. Mostly because of its results in performance tests.
Levoit Core 300 Highlights
- The Levoit Core 300 is designed for rooms up to 219 sq. ft.
- Levoit offers a 2-year warranty on this model.
- It uses 3-in-1 filtration, which includes a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter.
- The very quiet sleep mode is an ideal addition, especially for use in the bedroom.
- The combination of the automatic mode with the laser dust sensor is unprecedented.
Hathaspace HSP001 – 5-Stage Filtration
The Hathaspace HSP001 is an air purifier designed for bedrooms up to 350 sq. ft. The Hathaspace is characterized by being very quiet at all speeds.
The appliance is of medium size, the design is decent, and the build quality is satisfactory. It uses many advanced options, among which I would highlight the sleep mode and the automatic mode, which are the most important when it comes to the best air purifiers for the bedroom.
|Filters||Cold Catalyst Filter, Cellular-Activated Carbon, Antibacterial and True HEPA Filter|
|Coverage||350 sq. ft.|
|Noise Levels||41.3 – 49.3 dBA|
On top of all this, the Hathaspace HSP001 is an excellent performing air purifier.
Some users may be bothered by the Ionizer. If you are skeptical, you don’t have to use this option because it turns on or off with the press of the Anion button. In addition, the Hathaspace is CARB certified, which is a confirmation that it does not produce illegal amounts of ozone.
Hathaspace HSP001 Highlights
- The Hathaspace HSP001 is designed for bedrooms up to 350 sq. ft.
- Hathaspace uses 5-in-1 filtration, which is not as common in air purifiers.
- The automatic and sleep modes are an excellent addition for bedroom use.
- Outstanding performance, quiet at work, and a warranty of up to 5 years are just a few of the many features of this product.
Levoit LV-H128 – Aroma Pad for Enjoyable Sleep
The Levoit LV-H128 is the best air purifier for a very small bedroom. This small, cute air purifier, equipped with a double filter and essential oil additive, is an excellent addition to your bedroom. The LV-H128 uses 3-stage filtration, produces no ozone, and is entirely safe to use.
|Filters||Pre-filter, Activated Carbon Filter and True HEPA Filter|
|Coverage||161 sq. ft.|
|Noise Levels||42.4 – 49.3 dBA|
In the tests I conducted in rooms larger than recommended, the LV-H128 did not give awe-inspiring results, so I would recommend this model for bedrooms smaller than 161 sq. ft.
Minimalistic, no advanced options, only one control knob, and aroma drop are some of the basic features of this model.
Levoit LV-H128 Highlights
- The Levoit LV-H128 is painted in ivory white, so it fits very well in almost any bedroom.
- I recommend using it in smaller bedrooms no larger than 161 sq. ft.
- The LV-H128 has a sleep mode that makes it easier to use in a bedroom.
- It uses two True HEPA filters that are mounted on the sides.
- It is attractive, easy to carry, and easy to use.
Levoit Core 200s – Has a Night Light
The Levoit Core 200s is very similar to the Vista 200, so it can be said to be its successor. I have included the Core 200s in my list mainly because of the beautiful bright night yellow color that is an integral part of this model.
|Filters||Pre-filter, Activated Carbon Filter and True HEPA Filter|
|Coverage||183 sq. ft.|
|Noise Levels||42.1 – 53.9 dBA|
In addition to the night light, there is the possibility of connecting to a smart app, sleep mode, and many other options. It is most effective in rooms up to 183 sq. ft. This model and the LV-H128 are best used in smaller bedrooms.
The Levoit Core 200s uses a 3-in-1 circular filter, as we’re used to with many similar air purifiers from Levoit.
Levoit Core 200s Highlights
- The Levoit Core 200 is an excellent addition to bedrooms up to 183 sq. ft.
- The warm yellow night light provides a pleasant ambiance in the bedroom while improving the air in the room.
- The Core 200s uses a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants in the 0.3-micron size.
- Levoit offers a 2-year warranty on this model.
Choose a Quiet and Efficient Air Purifier
Since your air purifier will primarily be placed in the bedroom, it’s important to consider the noise level produced. I have singled out the best options with low noise levels across all speeds but mainly focused on sleep mode and the first-speed setting.
These models not only feature high-quality filtration technology but also have well-optimized motors, which don’t produce loud sounds at either their lowest or maximum speeds.
In the graph below, you can see how these air purifiers compare at their lowest and max speeds. I have tested all these air purifiers with a special noise measurement tool.
On the lowest speed, the Levoit Core 300 is definitely the quietest; combined with its high-quality filtration technology, it’s a great option for small to medium-sized bedrooms.
However, if you are looking for an air purifier for a medium to large-sized bedroom or even a master bedroom, I recommend the Alen FLEX. While it isn’t the quietest, it’s the most powerful option on the list, making it the best choice in terms of performance and quietness.
Benefits of Using an Air Purifier in Bedroom
The air purifier’s health benefits outweigh the initial investment. By having more than one air purifier in your home, you can be assured that the whole house is covered and packed with fresh air, free from pollution in each room.
Better sleep is what everyone needs. Scientists have proven that fresh air full of oxygen can improve your sleep. With an air purifier cleaning the air while you sleep, you can rest and be ready for a new day.
No dust in the home is what every housewife dreams of. Air purifiers with True HEPA filters are well known for their ability to capture even the tiniest particles in the air.
By using an air purifier, allergies will be gone in no time. Just like trashing dust, air purifiers can remove allergens from the air and, that way, eliminate your allergy problems.
Best Air Purifiers For Bedroom – Video Review
FAQ on Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
Do air purifiers help you sleep better?
Naturally, air purifiers and Pink Noise products, for that matter-will, not only improve your sleep but will also help you to sleep as much as you need. Alen FLEX is a model which produces a Pink Noise that improves sleep.
What is the best location for an air purifier in a bedroom?
An air purifier is best put away from the head, and do not turn it so the air is pushed directly to you because you will wake up with a sore throat. All other locations in the bedroom are a good choice.
Which one is the best air purifier for the bedroom?
You won’t go wrong if you choose any air purifier from the list, but if I had to choose one air purifier that is definitely my best choice to buy, then it would be Alen FLEX.
A life-changing moment definitely occurs when buying an air purifier and placing it in your bedroom. Not only will you breathe pure and not contaminated air, but you will also sleep tight.
Literally, your air won’t be polluted as it used to be, and there won’t be any more dust and other harmful particles that affect your health.
To help you choose, we tested many air purifiers and picked up Alen BreatheSmart FLEX as our best air purifier for the bedroom and our #1 option to buy. You’ll love this air purifier because it’s quiet enough, equipped with lots of features, and delivers outstanding performance.
Concerned about material out gassing, in bedroom, can’t see how a purifier can suck out gassing into it, chemicals etc