Sometimes, no matter how much you clean, dust can’t be removed entirely from the air, and you can almost always see it floating around. Dust can irritate your respiratory tract, eyes and even cause allergies. Many people have problems with dust and are looking for different ways to tackle the problem.
Buying the best air purifier for dust is one way to remove dust in your home quickly and effectively. An air purifier will remove dust and remove other contaminants, thus drastically improving the overall air quality in your home. If you notice that dust is constantly flying around you, even though you clean, vacuum, and try to reduce the amount of dust, an air purifier is just the device you need.
Even if you find dust bothersome or if you are allergic to dust, an air purifier is also a great option. It will definitely help you reduce dust, making your everyday life much easier.
Table of Contents
- Here’s a Summary of The 5 Best Air Purifiers For Dust!
- Top 5 Air Purifiers for Dust
- What Is the Best Air Purifier for Dust?
- FAQ on Air Purifiers for Dust
- Final Thoughts
Now that we have confirmed that an air purifier helps remove dust, it is essential to note that not every air purifier works in the same way. Not every filtration technology works best to remove dust. A few items are crucial if you are buying a dust purifier in the first place: the filter, the CADR, and the ionizer.
Below I will show you the top 5 dust air purifiers, tackle some questions and try to dispel any doubts that users have about these devices, helping everyone to determine which is the best device to buy at the moment.
Here’s a Summary of The 5 Best Air Purifiers For Dust!
- Medify MA-112 – is a very large air purifier that covers rooms up to 840 sq. ft. This air purifier has a maximum CADR of as much as 560 CFM, which puts it on this list and makes it the best dust air purifier for large rooms. It uses an ionizer as an extra level of filtration, which can be switched on or off as required.
- Levoit Core 400s – this is another excellent dust air purifier that covers rooms up to 403 sq. ft. The air inlet holes located on all sides of the unit allow this air purifier to “suck up” all the dust in the environment. A true HEPA filter and many advanced options make the Levoit Core 400s the best smart air purifier for dust.
- Coway AP-1512HH – is a mid-size air purifier designed for rooms up to 361 sq. ft. The AP-1512HH is a reliable air purifier equipped with a True HEPA filter that efficiently fights dust in your environment. These features make the Coway AP-1512HH an ideal air purifier to combat dust allergies.
- Blueair 211+ – is a huge air purifier designed for rooms up to 540 sq. ft. The Blueair does not have a True HEPA filter, but it does have a very high airflow which, combined with the particulate filter, gives excellent performance. In all my tests, it has performed excellently in the fight against dust, as well as against many other pollutants.
- Levoit Core 300s – this is the best compact budget air purifier for dust. The Core 300s is designed for rooms up to 219 sq. ft. It has lots of advanced options, an air quality sensor, and the ability to connect to a smart app. It has shown excellent results in tests, both fighting dust and removing other particles.
*If you click any of these links and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Top 5 Air Purifiers for Dust
After analyzing some of the best air purifiers currently on the market, considering parameters such as airflow, filtration, and additional options, I have made a list of the best air purifiers for dust that you can currently buy on the market.
Below I will present the best devices, with a brief description of the most important features of each of these devices. However, I recommend that anyone who wants to educate themselves further reads my expert reviews, which are much more detailed and cover more features, to educate themselves further and make it easier to decide which air purifier to choose.
Medify MA-112 – The Largest Coverage
According to market standards, the Medify MA-112 is a large air purifier that cleans the air in a room up to 840 sq. ft. This means that this device cleans the air 5 times in a room of this size. However, in a room of an incredible 3700 sq. ft., this air purifier cleans the air once, and in a room of 2500 sq. ft., it will clean twice in only one hour.
These are ideal features for an air purifier that will serve primarily to remove dust from a room, even if the room is smaller than recommended. Because sometimes, the amount of dust floating in the air is so great that we need a device much more powerful in small rooms than planned.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter|
|Coverage||840 sq. ft.|
The Medify MA-112 uses 3-stage filtration and an ionizer, an add-on turned on manually. It uses two identical filters mounted on the device’s sides.
An ionizer is a handy option, especially for dust suppression, as it produces negative ions that bind to particles (dust) and either collapse them on the floor or trap them inside the device, thus improving the unit’s efficiency.
The Medify does not have advanced options, an air quality sensor, or the possibility to connect to a smartphone. Still, it is a very efficient and effective air purifier in removing dust.
Medify MA-112 Highlights
- The Medify MA-112 is a huge air purifier, so I would advise you to consider whether it fits into a room before you buy it.
- This air purifier uses a 2x H13 True HEPA filter, which is the main reason for its outstanding performance.
- The Medify has a CADR of as much as 560 CFM (950 m³/h), making it a mighty air purifier with powerful airflow.
- Medify offers a lifetime warranty if you subscribe to purchase replacement filters through the Medify website.
Levoit Core 400s – Smart and Efficient
The Levoit Core 400s is also a high-airflow air purifier that covers rooms up to 403 sq. ft. The Core 400s is a smart air purifier. It has many advanced options like three-stage filtration, making it an excellent choice for dust removal.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter|
|Coverage||403 sq. ft.|
The significant advantage of the Levoit Core 400s is the device’s design, which is cylindrical in shape, so the air inlets are distributed on all sides. So you can be sure that less dust will be floating in the air and that the Core 400s will do the air-cleaning job perfectly. You can’t go wrong with Levoit air purifiers, especially the Levoit Core 400s, which is one of the best air purifiers I’ve had the opportunity to test so far.
One thing that I really like about this device, and what could help remove dust, is the air quality sensor that detects particles in the air in real-time.
The excellent performance, the numerous options, the high-quality True HEPA filter, and the reliability that the Levoit brand has, in general, are the reasons why the Levoit Core 400s is my absolute recommendation for purchase.
Levoit Core 400s Highlights
- The Levoit Core 400s is an air purifier that covers rooms up to 403 sq. ft.
- It uses a three-stage filtration system consisting of a pre-filter, a True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
- It has 360-degree staggered air inlets, dramatically influencing its good dust removal performance.
- Levoit provides a 2-year warranty for this model, but remember registering the air purifier on the Levoit website after purchase.
Coway AP-1512HH – Proven Filtration Technology
The Coway AP-1512HH is a veteran on this list. This air purifier has been on the market for years and is consistently at the top as the best choice to buy.
|Filters||Pre-filter, Carbon Filter, and True HEPA Filter|
|Coverage||361 sq. ft.|
The multitude of satisfied users, the variety of testimonials on the internet about the outstanding performance of this device, and the results it has shown on performance tests are just some of the reasons I would recommend this air purifier.
The AP-1512HH has a built-in ionizer that is turned on on-demand and uses 3-stage filtration. Coway uses an advanced air quality sensor that detects particles in real-time. The sensor works with Auto and ECO modes, allowing you to leave the air purifier on and let it deal with the dust in your home without manually adjusting the speed. The Coway is undoubtedly one of the air purifiers that I recommend very often and with which I am sure you can’t go wrong.
Coway AP-1512HH Highlights
- The Coway AP-1512HH is an air purifier designed for rooms up to 361 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses a True HEPA filter, which is most responsible for its excellent performance.
- It has many built-in advanced options, of which I like the air quality sensor the most.
- Coway provides a 3-year warranty on this model.
Blueair 211+ – Extremely Powerful
The Blueair 211+ has distinctive minimalism, innovative design, and excellent air purifier performance. Blueair uses 3-stage filtration; unfortunately, it doesn’t have a True HEPA filter. Despite this lack, it performed very well in all my tests.
|Filters||Fabric Pre-filter, Particle Filter and Carbon Filter|
|Coverage||540 sq. ft.|
The Blueair 211+ is huge, consisting of two parts, with the motor on the top half and the filter on the bottom. The filter is also spread out on all sides of this machine, so this model won’t miss the dust floating in the air either, especially if you put it in a good location.
The Blueair 211+ uses a washable pre-filter applied to the unit, so after just a few days of use, you will notice the amount of dust accumulated on the pre-filter.
Suppose you don’t need fancy options and simply want to remove dust particles floating around you by pressing a single button. In that case, Blueair 211+ is the ideal air purifier for you. It only has one option that controls the filtration speed, and that’s it.
Blueair 211+ Highlights
- The Blueair 211+ is designed for spaces up to 540 sq. ft.
- This minimalist air purifier uses only one button for control, and there are no advanced options.
- The 211+ uses 3-stage filtration technology consisting of a pre-filter, a particulate filter, and a fibrous carbon filter.
- The Blueair 211+ comes with a 2-year warranty.
Levoit Core 300s – Budget, But Good For Small Spaces
The Levoit Core 300s is another air purifier on the list from the Levoit company. Simply put, Levoit makes excellent air purifiers, improving them every now and then with advanced options or better filtration, so it’s no wonder that a device like this makes the list of the best air purifiers. The Levoit Core 300s is a small air purifier designed for rooms of much smaller dimensions than the other air purifiers on the list.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter|
|Coverage||219 sq. ft.|
This model uses the classic 3-stage filtration that we often see in Levoit air purifiers. The Core 300s is an advanced version of the Core 300, also one of Levoit’s best-selling air purifiers.
In any case, this air purifier will serve you very well in the fight against dust in a bedroom or similar room of smaller dimensions.
Levoit Core 300s Highlights
- The Levoit Core 300s is designed for rooms up to 219 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses 3-stage filtration technology, comprising a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
- It has a built-in air quality sensor that works in combination with the automatic mode to significantly simplify this device’s use.
- Levoit gives a 2-year warranty on this model if you register it on the Levoit website immediately after purchase.
What Is the Best Air Purifier for Dust?
Many different air purifiers on the market do not always have a True HEPA filter or some similar, proven filtration method. Therefore, it is a good idea to research and educate yourself on which filters are most effective in removing dust.
Dust particles are of different sizes and can vary from large and visible to small and invisible. This means that the more different levels of filtration an air purifier has, the more effective it will be in fighting pollutants. Suppose an air purifier has a good-quality pre-filter that stops large amounts of dust. In that case, this allows True HEPA (or other) filters to stop more particles because the filter will not be used for large particles.
Fortunately, pre-filters are easy to clean and very often washable.
In addition to the pre-filter, a very important point is that the air purifier has a True HEPA filter, which is recognized in the market as the most effective and reliable filter for removing small particles. True HEPA filters trap up to 99.97% of all particles up to 0.3 microns in size. There are other filtration methods available on the market, as well as several patented technologies that are very good and can match True HEPA filters, but if you are looking for safety, I would definitely recommend buying an air purifier with a True HEPA filter.
An additional option that can be useful in dust removal is an ionizer, so I recommend that you not be afraid of this option and not be scared of unauthorized levels of ozone, especially if the air purifier is CARB certified. In addition to removing as much dust as possible from your room, the air purifier needs to have a certain airflow and circulate as much air as possible through the filters. Therefore, the higher the air purifier’s CADR, the better.
Additional options such as the air quality sensor, auto mode, and smart app compatibility are just options that make everyday use easier but do not necessarily mean better and more efficient filtration. But if you can pick up an air purifier with these options, go for it.
FAQ on Air Purifiers for Dust
Can Air Purifiers Help With Dust Allergies?
Of course, they can. By reducing the concentration of dust in the air, an air purifier will certainly help people who have dust allergies.
Can Air Purifiers Get Rid of Dust Mites?
When dust mites are airborne, an air purifier can help neutralize the mites.
Will Air Purifiers Reduce Dust?
Yes, they will! One of the primary purposes of air purifiers is to remove dust, so this question should not even be addressed.
Human dust, generated by various activities around the house or from various household appliances, is the dust that generally causes the most problems and is the most difficult to clean.
Prolonged exposure to dust can cause side effects such as coughing, stuffy nose, eye irritation, various allergies, sneezing, and even asthma. For these reasons, and for many others, I would recommend buying an air purifier for anyone faced with dust, especially if you don’t have a good way of getting rid of it.
In fact, if you buy any air purifier on the best air purifiers for dust list, you will not go wrong. All the devices on the list are best in class, choose from many different devices, and, most importantly, they solve dust problems without much hassle.
If I had to choose the best air purifier for dust, it would definitely be the Medify MA-112. There are many reasons for my decision, but CADR and room coverage are the most essential. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask questions in the comment box below.