Demand for air purifiers has been on a steady rise for years, so there are many different brands on the market of dubious quality and not always satisfactory performance. With so many different brands and hundreds of different air purifiers available on the market, it is not always easy to know where all these devices are coming from, how reliable they are and whether it is worth buying them.
Table of Contents
- Here’s a Summary of The 5 Best Air Purifiers Made in the USA!
- Top 3 Air Purifiers Made in the USA
- Top 2 Air Purifiers Designed in the USA But Manufactured Elsewhere
- FAQ on the Best Air Purifiers in the USA
- Final Conclusion
In this article, I have highlighted the best air purifiers designed or manufactured in the USA. This list may help you, especially if you are looking for a real, tried, and tested quality air purifier and if you are aware that the “Made in the USA” stamp still proves the seriousness of the company and the quality of the product.
Every air purifier that bears the “Made in the USA” stamp has passed the strict requirements of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission), which means that the device meets very high criteria that demand exceptional quality.
The legitimate “Made in the USA” label evokes an immediate sense of nationalism and pride, an implicit quality level, and the promise of well-paying jobs for American citizens. Anyway, read on to find out which devices I rated as the best Made in the USA, their features, and their reliability.
Here’s a Summary of The 5 Best Air Purifiers Made in the USA!
- EnviroKlenz Mobile UV – It’s the best air purifier made in the USA. This model covers rooms up to 400 sq. ft., uses 3-stage filtration technology, and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Oransi EJ120 – This slightly more modern air purifier fits easily into almost any environment. It uses 2-stage filtration technology and is also made in the USA.
- Austin Air HealthMate – This is the best air purifier made in the USA for neutralizing odors. This air purifier uses exceptional quality 4-stage filtration technology, with filters that last up to 5 years.
- Levoit Core 300 – It is a small air purifier designed in the USA. This air purifier covers rooms up to 219 sq. ft., uses 3-stage filtration technology, and is the ideal choice for a smaller space.
- Alen FLEX – It is an ultra-modern air purifier with several advanced options, quality filters, and a reliable name. This model uses 3-stage filtration technology and covers rooms up to 300 sq. ft.
*If you click any of these links and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Top 3 Air Purifiers Made in the USA
To be honest, there aren’t many brands that manufacture air purifiers directly in the USA, but the ones that come from the USA are incredibly high-quality, reliable, and, above all, very efficient machines.
Products made in the USA are characterized by quality and long-lasting filters, much better performance, and adaptability to the US market. In addition, more affordable support and a more reliable warranty are just some of the other benefits.
EnviroKlenz Mobile UV
EnviroKlenz Mobile UV Highlights
- The EnviroKlenz Air Purifier is best used in rooms up to 400 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses highly efficient 3-stage filtration technology to remove 99.9% of pollutants, including gasses and larger particles.
- EnviroKlenz is an ozone-safe air purifier and entirely safe for use. This air purifier uses a 135W motor.
- This air purifier comes with a generous 5-year warranty.
EnviroKlenz is one of the most famous American brands of air purifiers, featuring a not-so-attractive design but outstanding performance, quality, long-lasting filters, and numerous certifications that attest to the reliability of this device. This air purifier is made of metal housing. The filters are located at the bottom, while the air inlets are located at the top. This means that the EnviroKlenz draws air through the openings on the top side, which is filtered and exits through the openings on the bottom side.
EnviroKlenz uses a 3-stage filter technology consisting of an EnviroKlenz Air Cartridge, a HEPA filter, and 2 UV-C lights. The EnviroKlenz Air Cartridge uses EnviroKlenz technology to capture and destroy 99.9% of pollutants, including gasses and larger particles. When it comes to advanced options, I have to say that this air purifier has almost no advanced options. It uses four speeds to operate the motor. It has filter reset indicators, separate for the primary filters and for each UV-C light.
The EnviroKlenz has a CADR as high as 250 CFM, which means that in a 400 sq. ft. room, it can clean the air 4.8x in one hour. Furthermore, in a room of 1000 sq. ft., this air purifier cleans the air twice in one hour. The HEPA filter lasts approximately 2 years. The EnviroKlenz Air Cartridge usually lasts 6 months.
Overall, the EnviroKlenz is a superior air purifier that removes 99.9% of VOCs, pathogens, chemicals, odors, and other airborne contaminants. It is also my absolute recommendation to buy!
|Filters||EnviroKlenz Air Cartridge, HEPA Filter, and 2 UV-C Lights|
|Filters Longevity||6-24 months|
|Coverage (4.8 ACH)||400 sq. ft.|
Oransi EJ120 Highlights
- The Oransi EJ120 is best used in rooms up to 500 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses 2-stage filtration technology consisting of an activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter.
- This air purifier is characterized by its minimalistic design, low power consumption, and high filtration efficiency.
- The Oransi EJ120 comes with an outstanding 10-year warranty.
Oransi is a company that has become well known for the many hospitals, laboratories, and other institutions that use these devices in the most hazardous environments. Above all, they do the job much better than expected.
The Oransi EJ120, with a motor of only 52W, needs very little energy to operate. This air purifier uses a 2-stage filtration technology consisting of activated carbon (3.5 lbs) and HEPA filters, which are very long-lasting and last up to 12 months. Like the EnviroKlenz mentioned above, this is a minimal air purifier with almost no advanced options. But very importantly, it has a built-in filter reset indicator that lets you know when to change the filter. This air purifier is best used in a room up to 500 sq. ft., where this device cleans the air 4.8x in one hour.
The Oransi EJ120 is my absolute recommendation for purchase, especially for use in bedrooms, offices, living rooms, or even in the basement.
|Filters||Activated Carbon and HEPA Filters|
|Filters Longevity||12 months|
|Coverage (4.8 ACH)||500 sq. ft.|
Austin Air HealthMate
Austin Air HealthMate Highlights
- The Austin Air is designed for rooms up to 400 sq. ft., in which it cleans the air 4.8x in one hour.
- This air purifier uses a unique 4-stage filtration technology, which is most credited for the outstanding performance shown by the device.
- Although it uses a 147W motor, this air purifier requires filter replacement every 5 years, making it suitable for long-term maintenance.
- Austin Air comes with a 5-year warranty.
Austin Air is another air purifier made in the USA, featuring exceptional quality filtration technology and reliability but not an attractive design.
This air purifier uses 4-stage filtration technology consisting of a large particle pre-filter, a medium particle pre-filter, a combined activated carbon, a zeolite filter, and a HEPA filter. Thanks to the HEPA filter, the Austin Air removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns. Thanks to the carbon filter with up to 15lbs of carbon pellets, it successfully neutralizes odors, unpleasant smells, and VOCs. It should be noted that this air purifier needs a bit more energy to operate and has a motor power of approximately 147W.
The Austin Air does not have any advanced options, only three speeds for the motor, and it is another purely minimalist air purifier. I recommend Austin Air to anyone with problems with odors, fire smoke, cigarette smoke, or similar pollutants. This air purifier efficiently neutralizes and removes gasses and odors thanks to 15lbs of carbon pellets.
|Filters||Particle Pre-filter, Medium Particle Pre-filter, Activated Carbon + Zeolite Combination, and HEPA Filter|
|Filters Longevity||5 years|
|Coverage (4.8 ACH)||400 sq. ft.|
Top 2 Air Purifiers Designed in the USA But Manufactured Elsewhere
In addition to the air purifiers mentioned above that are made entirely in the USA, we also have air purifiers designed in the USA but assembled and manufactured across the ocean. These air purifiers are characterized by an American touch, design, and principles, but at a better price because of the manufacturing in another country.
Oransi has also turned to manufacturing in China with new models, which has lowered the machine’s price without sacrificing quality. In fact, I have highlighted below two top-quality devices that were designed in the USA but made somewhere else.
Levoit Core 300
Levoit Core 300 Highlights
- Levoit Core 300 covers rooms up to 219 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses a 3-stage filtration technology consisting of a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter.
- The Core 300 has performed fantastically in all the tests I have carried out, consuming little energy and operating quietly.
- Levoit provides a 2-year warranty on this model.
Needless to say, the Levoit Core 300 is a legendary air purifier and one of the most popular air purifiers on the market. This air purifier was designed in the USA, specifically in California. It features a sleek yet modern design, so it fits into almost any environment.
The Core 300 covers rooms up to 219 sq. ft., uses 3-stage filtration technology, and has advanced options such as a timer, screen lock, and screen off to make everyday use easier. What I really like about this model is the True HEPA filter, which is undoubtedly the most deserving for its incredible performance in all the tests.
I must stress that the Levoit Core 300 is one of the best air purifiers I have had the opportunity to test, and you cannot go wrong by buying this device. I recommend this model for smaller rooms, a desk, a bedside table, or even a little larger room than the recommended.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter|
|Filter Longevity||6-8 months|
|Coverage (4.8 ACH)||219 sq. ft.|
Alen FLEX Highlights
- Alen FLEX is best used in rooms up to 300 sq. ft.
- This air purifier uses 3-stage filtration technology consisting of a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter.
- In performance tests, the Alen FLEX improved air quality by 94% in just one hour.
- This air purifier comes with the option of activating a lifetime warranty.
The Allen FLEX is a modern, powerful, and highly desirable air purifier designed in the USA. This modern-looking air purifier features 3-stage filtration technology, advanced options such as a filter reset indicator, timer, lock screen, and the option to activate a lifetime warranty.
I also like the Alen FLEX because it uses a pellet-based carbon filter that retains over 2+lbs of pellets. It also uses a True HEPA filter. This combination is most responsible for this unit’s outstanding performance in tests.
In addition, the Alen FLEX is one of the quietest air purifiers I have had the opportunity to test. The Alen FLEX uses a motor with a power of only 50W, which means that it needs very little energy to operate. Together with the affordable price of replacement filters, it is a very good value for purifying air annually. I recommend the Alen FLEX for use in bedrooms, living rooms, offices, basements, and almost any other room fitting the recommended dimensions.
|Filters||Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter|
|Filter Longevity||9-12 months|
|Coverage (4.8 ACH)||300 sq. ft.|
FAQ on the Best Air Purifiers in the USA
How is a US-made air purifier better than the international competition?
For a device to get the “Made in the USA” stamp, it must meet certain very strict and dictating conditions and guarantee the product’s quality. Every device with this stamp is FTC (Federal Trade Commission) compliant. In addition, by purchasing a device that is “Made in the USA,” you are supporting the domestic economy, thus strengthening the domestic economy and promoting employment for US citizens.
Where are air purifiers that are designed only in the USA manufactured?
Most air purifiers designed in the USA, such as Medify Air, Levoit, Allen, and similar, are designed in the USA but manufactured in China. In addition, several brands, such as Oransi, have started transferring some models’ production to China. The reason is mainly financial, as the cost of manufacturing in China is drastically cheaper than in the US.
Why are very few air purifiers made in the USA?
The reason is that many manufacturers are moving production to China, mainly because of the much lower production costs.
What is the best air purifier made in the USA?
In my opinion, the best air purifier made in the USA is the EnviroKlenz Mobile UV air purifier. It is distinguished above all by its reliability, efficiency, and longevity.
In summary, American-made air purifiers are characterized by their build quality, filtration quality, reliability, and durability. However, they are still represented by a somewhat outdated design and a slightly higher initial price.
Suppose some of these things are holding you back. In that case, you may want to look at devices designed in the USA but manufactured elsewhere, as you will get an equally good air purifier for less money. In short, the EnviroKlenz Mobile UV is, in my opinion, the best air purifier made in the USA. I would recommend it for almost any situation. In contrast, I recommend Austin Air for exceptional cases where large amounts of smoke and similar pollutants must be neutralized.
If you have any questions or confusion about air purifiers made in the USA, please leave a comment in the comments box below.